McNulty's Tarns Trek
An adventurous 5 hour sub-alpine trek to one of the Aoraki/Mt Cook National Parks best kept secrets - a serene paradise above the valley floor.
Rising steeply from the Mount Cook Village, the Red Tarns Track leads to a set of beautiful alpine pools. The mirror-like alpine tarns are some of the most photogenic in the park. The top of the trail also features spectacular views of Aoraki/Mt Cook and its surrounding peaks. Trek beyond the Red Tarns up to the hidden paradise of McNulty's Tarn where you will experience unsurpassed views.
This amazing hike is also available to do with experienced Japanese guides.
- This trek is suitable for more confident and experienced hikers and requires a good level of fitness and mobility.
- Correct clothing and footwear for the alpine environmnt is essential as weather can change quickly even in summer.
- Please be aware that the distances and timings of the guided trek are up to the discretion of the guide on the day and may vary dependent on weather conditions, individual walking abilities and unforseen circumstances.
- A minimum of two walkers is required for the tour to operate.
- Children must be able to walk with the rest of the group.